Not obeying the Court’s Order

Laura Anderson

If you have been through a divorce or modification, what happens if the other party does not do what the settlement agreement or what the Court has ordered them to do? If you are reading this blog, you are probably waiting on an overdue child support payment. If this is the case, the first thing to do is read the settlement agreement or Court’s order carefully to make sure the other party is in willfull non-compliance. If found in willfull contempt, the other party can be punished by the Court and forced to comply with the Order.

Usually, child support payments must be thirty (30) days late. There are exceptions, such as if the non-paying parent has a history of being late. You should consult an attorney to determine whether the other party is in willfull contempt and how to prevent late payments in the future.

Recent Posts Recent CommentsArchives Categories Meta

Copyright 2022 by Laura W. Anderson, Esq LLC All rights reserved.

10.0Laura Wilkins Anderson
Laura Anderson
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...
* Required Fields